Create Mutual Engagement. Encourage discretionary effort.
“When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute.” ~ Steve Jobs
This session covers how to harness extraordinary effort in a collaborative environment by setting realistic expectations.
At the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand their areas of expectations and how to communicate that across to their supervisors
- Express agreements clearly in setting out mutual expectations
- Learn how to initiate the ‘conversation’ with high performing employee in managing and meeting mutual expectations
- Learn to draw out discretionary effort
- Being engaged is not the same as being productive
- Demonstrate the connection between employee engagement and high performance
- How you can become an engaged leader
- Leading and engaging different generations
- Fostering team alignment
- Engaging others to inject creativity and innovation in the workplace